On December 18, 2018, impaired driving laws in this country underwent a massive overhaul. Lawyer Sarah Leamon answers the 5 most common questions about changes to Canada’s impaired driving laws.
1. How have impaired driving laws changed?
2. Why have the impaired driving laws changed?
3. Does this mean that it is zero tolerance for alcohol and driving?
4. Can I refuse to provide a breath sample?
5. What can I do to protect myself against an unreasonable demand for a breath sample?
Featured image courtesy of CBC.